So, the visit in NC was absolutely great! There was NO drama, if you can believe it. Brother T's wife is very nice and I can see where she may clash with the Love's oldest sister, but it isn't that bad. It really didn't turn out in a bad way at all. I enjoyed myself and really like North Carolina. I may move there in the future.
Lately, I have been feeling like I have nothing to be passionate about. Nothing to look forward to, nothing to do, period. Oh, I do have my art and I am just now getting back into creating a couple of things in my art journal, but nothing has really moved me. I have been uninspired. That is until, I was watching a commercial for "So You Think You Can Dance", and then it hit me. Well, it hit me AGAIN!!! Let me explain.
My first love was dance. I found dance in elementary school through a wonderful teacher named Mr. Goode. Mr. Goode taught modern dance after school when I was in 5th and 6th grades and I fell in love with participating in dance. I used to go to the library and check out the same book about The Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater over and over because I loved looking at the pictures and dreamed of being Judith Jamison performing "Firebird". I was so into dance that I was able to obtain a full summer scholarship to the Dance Theater of Harlem and even attended after school when school resumed that year. Unfortunately, BOYS entered the picture and there was no real looking back for me. Life came up and grabbed me and I put all aspirations behind me.
I had found out in recent years that the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater offers dance classes for 'regular' folk and have been planning on taking classes since but haven't gotten around to it yet. Every couple of months I check the schedule looking to see what classes I would like to participate in and always make plans to go register, but did not do it. Well, that time has come and I ABSOLUTELY INTEND to take a class this coming Saturday and will continue to do so as a part of living my OWN life for a change! I plan to take the "Beginner West African" and "SharQui Bellydance" classes. I am nervous but I am looking forward to doing something for myself.
I have decided that I need to make some goals for myself because I feel like I am just existing and stagnating, wasting time that I will not get back. I am inspired by quite a few of you and because you are my friends, I have decided to share that list with you so that I can be held accountable.
1. Dance classes 2x a month - because I need to follow my core passion and move my body and connect with others who feel like I do about moving and expressing myself with music.
2. Workout 3x a week at home - because I have no excuse and I am tired of looking at my body and being unhappy with what I see. I wanna look like Serena Williams and that ain't gonna happen by osmosis!
3. Learn to sew - because my mother never let us touch her sewing machine and I really would like to make pretty things, like Adrienne and Patrice.
4. Scrapbook at crops once a month - because I need to get out and be inspired by others who share my interests.
5. Read at least one book a month - because a lot of times, I feel like I don't have anything to talk about and I think my mind is shrinking.
6. Get my face made up professionally at the MAC store once every 3-6 months - just because I wanna see what I would look like all done up and perty!!! LOL
I turn 40 next September 22nd and that is the date I intend to accomplish all of these goals listed. I also intend to do other things too but this list is the main one!
Do you have anything you have wanted to do but havent gotten around to? Well, join me in my quest and let's do this together! Rent Julie & Julia too. It was a really good boost to my motivation.