Thursday, December 17, 2009

Glimpses of My Weekend....

- Being in NYC early on Saturday morning before the hordes of tourists arrive.

- Falling in love with dance again at the Ailey Extension, even though I was unable to participate because my morning business meeting ran over time. (I did speak with the instructor after class was over, who confirmed that I hadn't missed anything and can start anytime I want to!)

- Remembering that walking around NYC is one of the best exercises you can do for my mind, body and spirit.

- Realizing again that the subway is your friend, no matter how much I hate going underground.

- Eating at a restaurant which serves healthier, Greek-inspired food and wishing I was eating at Zoe's Kitchen  in Patton Creek in Hoover, Alabama, again (Hey Adrienne!).  I wish they would open one here in NYC and even wrote to Zoe's a couple of years ago about that.  (Yes I did, Adrienne, and they said it wasn't in their forecast! Blah!)  They aren't even interested in coming up north!  Double Blah!

That's all for now.
xoxo Charisse

3 comments:

Brown English Muffin said...

love the new look...at first I thought I'd gone to the wrong blog!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to visit nyc! I'm want to see and do everything!

mademoisellechitchat said...

I SURE could go for some fried chicken right now; unfortunately, my cholesterol #s will not allow that.

Damn genetics. :(