Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Word for The Year

Pursue

Verb

1. Carry out or participate in an activity; be involved in; "She pursued many activities"; "They engaged in a discussion".

2. Follow in or as if in pursuit; "The police car pursued the suspected attacker"; "Her bad deed followed her and haunted her dreams all her life".

3. Go in search of or hunt for; "pursue a hobby".

4. Carry further or advance; "Can you act on this matter soon?".

I am definitely happy in knowing that this word is the closest I could find to explain what I want to do with the rest of my life.  I tried 'engage' and 'involve' but they didnt feel right.  PURSUE is right!

Here's to Twenty Ten!!
xoxo
Charisse

2 comments:

christina said...

i love it!
hugs~

Relyn Lawson said...

Pursue is a terrific word. I come here via Christina's simple things. Isn't this such fun? I love how many of us are roaming the blogroads stopping to say hello here and there. So, hello to you. Happy almost-Friday.